Any use of this Site by any person (hereafter referred to as the "User") implies automatic and full acceptance of the Terms and Conditions of Use listed below:
Access to Information and Documents:
1) The objective of this BaseBit Web Site is to promote access to information (text, images, drawings, etc.) and to documents relating to the BaseBit's objectives, activities and achievements.
2) Access to most information and documents is open to the public.
Access to some information and documents is available to registered subscribers.
Access to the remainder of the information and documents is restricted exclusively to BaseBit Members for their own information and, within the Member Associations, for the information of those persons appointed by the Members to participate in the work of the BaseBit and whose contact details have been transmitted to the BaseBit.
3) Passwords are provided for the exclusive personal use of the holder and it is strictly forbidden to communicate the password or make it accessible to any other person. The information contained in the sections of the site accessible via a password may not be distributed or made accessible to any other person without the prior written consent of the BaseBit.
Terms and Conditions
4) Subject to Subscriber's vested rights
The BaseBit may – without any obligation to do so - add to, edit, improve or update the information and documents on the Site (collectively referred to as "the Content") without notice and at its sole discretion. The BaseBit also reserves the exclusive right to develop, restrict or remove the Site or any part of its Content at its sole discretion in any form whatsoever. The BaseBit is not thereby under any obligation to take any of the User's requirements into account.
The BaseBit may, without notice and at its sole discretion, deny any User access to the Site or any part thereof.
5) In principle, only BaseBit Members may benefit from certain derogations to the limitations mentioned or resulting from the present Notice. These derogations may be granted in accordance with the provisions of the present Notice, either in general or on a case-by-case basis, and subject to compliance with any restrictions which may be contained therein. The rights of the beneficiaries of a derogation are not transferable in any way.
No derogation or waiver on the BaseBit's part of any provision of this notice shall be enforceable unless it was granted or made in writing and signed by a duly empowered representative of the BaseBit.
6) The indication “Source BaseBit” is compulsory if the information contained on this site – and whose distribution is not forbidden or has been duly authorised by the BaseBit – is made known to third parties in any form whatsoever.
7) Should any provision of this Notice prove unenforceable under applicable law, this shall not invalidate other provisions thereof, which shall then be interpreted and enforced as though the null and void provision did not exist or, if other provisions cannot be interpreted and enforced without the null and void provision, the null and void provision shall be amended in such a manner as to give effect to the original intent of this Notice to the greatest extent possible.
8) In case of amendments to these Terms and Conditions of Use, the Terms and Conditions of Use in force at the time of use of the site, of placing an order, subscription or registration for an event organised under the aegis of the BaseBit shall apply.
10) The User hereby is aware and agrees that:
the Content of the BaseBit's Site enjoyed various sources of information issued "as is" and/or presented for illustrative purposes only. The BaseBit shall, where applicable, attempt to correct any errors, in particular those brought to its notice. However, despite all due caution and verifications performed, the BaseBit does not guarantee that there are no errors, nor does it provide any other warranty or make any representations as to the accuracy, reliability or exhaustiveness of the Content.
the BaseBit wishes to limit any inconvenience due to technical errors. However, despite all due caution and checks performed on the technical equipment, the BaseBit does not guarantee the absence of technical errors, of service outages or of any resulting inconvenience. Users shall use the BaseBit Site at their own risks. Consequently, the User hereby is aware and agrees that neither the BaseBit, nor any other party – in particular employees, agents, service providers or anyone cooperating with the BaseBit on a voluntary or paid basis – shall be liable in any way:.
for the contents of the information presented in this Site and its use;
in case of any technical errors or service outages or any resulting inconvenience;
in the event of a breakdown or contamination of the User's computer equipment when visiting the BaseBit Site as a result of the propagation of a vBaseBits or other computer infections circulating via the Internet;
and shall not in any way be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, special or incidental damages or any damages whatsoever, whether or not they were due to negligence, even in case the BaseBit was informed that such damages were foreseeable.
The existence of a link from a third site to the BaseBit Site does not imply any cooperation between the BaseBit and that site. Since third sites are beyond the BaseBit's control, the BaseBit shall answer neither for the availability of such sites, nor for their content and hereby disclaims any liability. The same applies in case the BaseBit Site includes links to third sites.
11) The User also acknowledges and agrees that the BaseBit shall not be liable for the conduct of any User, whether such conduct is lawful or unlawful.
12) The designations of countries, territories, cities and the presentation of related material on this Web Site shall not be considered as implying any standpoint whatsoever on the part of the BaseBit concerning the political or legal status of any country, territory or city, or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries.
13) All data, information, illustrations, drawings, logos, trademarks, etc. issued on the BaseBit Site are protected worldwide by copyright and other intellectual property rights.
14) Subject to the terms of this Notice and to any specific restrictions which may apply to any part of the Site or to any User, the BaseBit authorises the User to consult the Site, to download or copy its Content for personal use only, without granting the User any right to: store Content in a computer system from which it may be recovered, reproduce or in any other way exploit, publish, distribute, issue in any other format, electronically or in any other way, sell, resell or put the Content or part thereof at the disposal of third parties free of charge or use it for commercial purposes or to compile or create derivative works. Consequently, any use contrary to the above-mentioned principles shall be considered unlawful and sanctioned for breach of intellectual property rights.
Protection of Personal Data Clause
15) The User may often browse the BaseBit Site without providing any personal information. However, it may be necessary for the User to provide personal data (name, address, e-mail address and possibly other data) to enable the BaseBit to provide the User with information and to record any requested subscription or registration.
17) In providing links to third sites according to the provisions of paragraph 11 above, the BaseBit disclaims any liability. The User shall be responsible for checking the latter sites' policy in the field of personal data and privacy protection.”